Upgrading 1.1 to 1.2 in a Cluster

donty

Mar 31, 2009
I have a 2 machine (soon to be 3) cluster on 1.1 and wondered if 1.1 and 1.2 machines can co-exist in a cluster?

Thought I might clean install 1.2 on 3rd machine, migrate VMs from one of the existing servers and then upgrade that server and repeat similarly for the 3rd one.

Any advice or suggestions on whether to switch the master to the new 1.2 or any order preference for which machines to do first?

Thanks in advance.

I upgrade 5 servers cluster without problems; first slaves and after that master! No errors!

This thread was easy to find, but it might be nice if the information was added to the release notes - just in case the order of upgrading ever does matter.

...... of course by the time I got my 3rd server in place it needed to upgrade to 1.3 ;-)

Brilliant script, upgraded smoothly from 1.1 to 1.3 and 1.2 to 1.3 following the release/install notes (I agree, a one liner addition would be good). Messed around with the order of upgrades to see if it would break but it simply worked perfectly.

As a caution I live migrated the VMs from each server before upgrading so I could keep things running.

Combining and creating open source software like this to create a great platform is to be commended and the guys here congratulated.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!