Upgrade server from no-subscription to enterprise

mattiabar

Sep 3, 2015
Hi,
I have two question:

1. I would like to upgrade my server from a current 3.1-114 to a more recent 3.4-160 (enterprise). Is it possibile to achieve this without reboot the server? (this is a node of a 2-node cluster, the main node in the following point) How can I proceed?
  2. I would like to upgrade another server (this is the master node of the previous 2-node cluster) with 3.4-160 currently pve-no-subscription to a enterprise subscription, without reboot the server. How can I proceed?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

1. I would like to upgrade my server from a current 3.1-114 to a more recent 3.4-160 (enterprise). Is it possibile to achieve this without reboot the server? (this is a node of a 2-node cluster, the main node in the following point) How can I proceed?

see http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Downloads#Update_a_running_Proxmox_Virtual_Environment_3.x_to_latest_3.4

it should work. You could need to reboot to run the new kernel, though.
Depending on many factors, live migration between 3.1 and 3.4 could work, in order to reboot an upgraded node without interrupting vm services...

Marco

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!