[SOLVED] Upgrade from v4 to v5: Greylisting database?

What the problem? - this database is build dynamically, so there is no need to backup/restore that.

When we started with PMG our employees often asked why incoming mails are delayed. We explained how greylisting works and that it's a "learning system" and that the delays will "go away" after a while. They understood and as expected the delays "went away".
Upgrading to v5 means starting greylisting from zero and bringing all this back. That would disturb our employees again.
So I like to know whether there is a chance to avoid this.

Greets
Stephan

Hi Dietmar,

is my point of view comprehensible for you?
And aside from this I would just like to know whether there is a way to take a look into the greylisting database - for example in order to debug a user problem.

Thanks a lot and greets
Stephan

is my point of view comprehensible for you?

Yes, but I think a short amount of delay is acceptable.

And aside from this I would just like to know whether there is a way to take a look into the greylisting database - for example in order to debug a user problem.

Sure, it is just a postgres database table.

I think you're right. Maybe sometimes we are "too" nice to our users. :)

I think it would even be possible to dump/restore that single database table. But I never done
this, it is a manual task, and deserves some further testing. But If you have some time you can try to go that way.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!