upgrade from 5.x to 6.x

de Thysebaert

Mar 12, 2017
Hi, I know is late but I have a cluster with 3 nodes to upgrade to v6 version form last v5 version.
I'm followi the tutorial here https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_5.x_to_6.0#In-place_upgrade

I have to update first all package in the v5 version
than upgrade on each nodes the corosync version to v3
than chnage the repository to upgrade to proxmox v6

My question is
After the corosyns upgrade to v3 , restarted the corosync on all nodes and verifyed the healthy of the cluster may I add a new nodes in the cluster with a v6 version of proxmox and migrate somes critical VM on this new node before uprade the other nodes ?

Thx

My question is
After the corosyns upgrade to v3 , restarted the corosync on all nodes and verifyed the healthy of the cluster may I add a new nodes in the cluster with a v6 version of proxmox and migrate somes critical VM on this new node before uprade the other nodes ?
yes, sure, no problem.

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
Corosync was succefuly updated to V3 et status is fine.
I'll try to add a new server (proxmox-ve: 6.4-1 (running kernel: 5.4.157-1-pve) to the cluster running proxmox-ve: 5.4-2 (running kernel: 4.15.18-26-pve)
In my case I have public IP on on interface with the GIU (with Lest'encrypt certificate activated) and I have some vlans on the second interface on private network
in /etc/hosts on ALL server I have an FQDN name linked to the public IP and an short name linked to the private IP
I can ping all nodes with short name responding with the correct IP
I can SSH all nodes

when I try to add the new node with private IP or short name I get ...

Please enter superuser (root) password for '172.16.7': ****************** Establishing API connection with host '172.16.7' 500 Can't connect to 172.16.7:8006 (hostname verification failed)

when I try to add thenew node with public FQDN name I get :

Establishing API connection with host 'prox07.**************' Login succeeded. check cluster join API version No cluster network links passed explicitly, fallback to local node IP '172.16.0.8' Request addition of this node An error occured on the cluster node: Parameter verification failed. ! property is not defined in schema and the schema does not allow additional properties Cluster join aborted!

any ideas ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!