[SOLVED] Upgrade dry-run: how to update to current 3.4 version?

Dec 15, 2015
London, England
I need to do an in-place upgrade of a licensed PVE production server from 3.4 to 4.1.

I've set up a test rig replicating the production setup, but I can't update the test machine to the same version of PVE as the production machine because the test machine is only on the evaluation license.

Is there anything I can do about this? Is there an ISO for the current 3.5 version I can use?

I worked it out by copying all the *pve*.deb files from /var/cache/apt/archives on the host, then using these to upgrade the test machine's packages.

For some reason there's a slight variation between the two though: production says it's running proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.4-166 while the test says it's running proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.4-156. I wonder how I can get the test machine to run the .166? Hm. Maybe it won't matter.

EDIT: Actually, you can't do an in-place upgrade with a test machine on an evaluation licence - it won't be able to access the pve repos. Doh!

I'll do a clean install of 4.1 instead.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!