Updating to VE 8 made my system not boot up

hansaya

Jun 23, 2023
I got 5 nodes and all seems to be unresponsive and stuck after updating. I can get into the recovery mode but that's about it. Only difference in my setup compared to a vanilla setup is that I have mellanox cards installed and running a ring network. Even after removing the card and the drivers. System still refusing to start. I attached the journal here and only thing that could be a potential problem is ```failed to open /run/network/ifstate``` otherwise Idk what's going on.

this is whats on the terminal
1687536070396.png

Journal https://gist.github.com/hansaya/ddd4b4f38d41f05efd82fdc3445d9608

I really would like to at lest get my node with truenas working and I did copy out the /var/pve-cluster/config.db however having hard time copying the lv containing the virtual disks. Any help in that department would be nice as well. I have the primary disk attached to a ubuntu based system

Attachments

• 1687536042546.png
    1687536042546.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 11
What are you using as a boot-device hw-wise?

Another suffering the same... Don't know how to solve it... My installation keep unresponsive too after USB messages logs

What are you using as a boot-device hw-wise?
I'm using a nvme SSD.... And didnt change it or add one more . It was working like a charm. It just stop working after a controlled shutdown...

Things I tried:
In recovery mode: network interfaces OK
Tweak grub: intel_iommu and amd_iommu NOT WORKING
Disconnect all USB NOT WORKING
Memory test OK

Please, do you know if there is there any way of reinstall a previous version of proxmox withouth lost all my VM and lxc?

Last edited:
from you journal log
Code:
rya-PVE NetworkManager[2490]: <info>  [1687482137.1095] manager: (eth0): new Ethernet device (/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/8)

proxmox don't use networkmanager to manage network. (it's use ifupdown2 by default)
do you have installed it manually ? (or as I'm seeing some mellanox virtualnic, do you have installed specific mellanox tools ? maybe they have installed network manager ?)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!