Updated vzctl

aalmenar

Jan 12, 2014
Hi everyone,

Im seeing on openvz that now iolimit can be enabled but it requires vzctl 4.6. (The kernel is ok). But theres any way to update this utility or proxmox hasnt updated it for a specific reason?

Regards.

Why is that, i mean proxmox team usually put qemu-kvm updated versions, kernel latest versions, why this one that introduces brand new features and improvements should wait for a long release cycle that is debian stable?

Just curious.

I mean with 4.6 there are now i/o control features (IOPS or MB/sec) that can help some user that ask for that in the forums http://openvz.livejournal.com/45831.html also

Regards and thanks for the fast response.

Last edited:
The plan is to update that package with next major debian release (jessy).

This was understood the first time. Is there a specific reason for this ? I mean is because it has specific set of patches ? or it breaks proxmox integration in someway ?, it doesnt compile on wheezy due to missing dependencies ?

Also if its a need for time to merge it and test it, im offering myself to help on this task.

Last edited:
Ok. Im offering my help and time to upgrade the package and to make some changes to integrate new features. Its possible for them if they are clear and ok to accept them. I mean i dont want to work a lot on this to get it discarded.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!