Update & Upgrade Proxmox VE to new version

joeleo

Apr 24, 2009
I've updated my apt sources.list to reflect the no subscription configuration. I've done the apt-update and apt-dist-upgrade however I don't see the new version being reflected in the GUI dashboard. I was on 6.1.3 and expect to be on 6.2 release. I've rebooted after the upgrade.

I also noticed the below notification right before the upgrade complete. Not sure about these messages below. Is there something went wrong? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Re-executing '/etc/kernel/postinst.d/zz-pve-efiboot' in new private mount namespace..
No /etc/kernel/cmdline found - falling back to /proc/cmdline
Copying and configuring kernels on /dev/disk/by-uuid/C34C-6DA2
Copying kernel and creating boot-entry for 5.3.10-1-pve
Copying kernel and creating boot-entry for 5.3.18-3-pve
Copying kernel and creating boot-entry for 5.4.41-1-pve
Copying and configuring kernels on /dev/disk/by-uuid/C34D-089C
Copying kernel and creating boot-entry for 5.3.10-1-pve
Copying kernel and creating boot-entry for 5.3.18-3-pve
Copying kernel and creating boot-entry for 5.4.41-1-pve
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10) ...
Processing triggers for pve-manager (6.1-3) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (241-7~deb10u2) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...

Those messages seem pretty normal. Kernel 5.4.41 is the latest one for PVE 6.2. My system is on 6.2 and this is what pveversion shows. You can compare to yours:

Code:
root@vm-host:~# pveversion
pve-manager/6.2-4/9824574a (running kernel: 5.4.41-1-pve)
root@vm-host:~#

Glad that helped - please mark the thread as SOLVED

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!