Update Problem | lvmetad not found

Bitzor

Jan 3, 2017
Guten Abend Community!

Eigentlich bin ich Wunschlos Glücklich mit meinem Setup welches auch komplett Funktionierte.
Nur bin ich auf einen Fehler während des Update Prozesses gestoßen & ich weiß leider nicht, wie ich diesen beheben kann.

Code:
lvm2 (2.02.168-pve5) wird eingerichtet ...
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
  Configuration node global/use_lvmetad not found
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes lvm2 (--configure):
 Unterprozess installiertes post-installation-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 5 zurück
Trigger für initramfs-tools (0.130) werden verarbeitet ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.10.17-3-pve
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
 lvm2

Habe mich auch ein wenig Umgeschaut aber nichts Nützliches gefunden.
Hat jemand auch das gleiche Problem oder gar eine Lösung dafür?

Danke im Vorhinein.

Ich glaube eher das ich grad den Wald für lauter "Bäumen" nicht sehe.

Leider finde ich nichts Hilfreiches auch das hatte ich schon Überprüft gehabt.

Resultat nochmal:New.png

thanks for catching this (and actually testing with pvetest!). seems like our check for disabling lvmetad if the config says to not use it (to work around https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=826570) is broken if the config key is not contained in the config at all.. simply add the missing config key and run dpkg-reconfigure lvm2 to get out of the broken state

I'm a little embarrassed now^^^
Unfortunately, I am not so familiar with it & still in the practice phase. I don't quite understand how to insert or where?
Sorry for the question! Thank you very much!

you should set "use_lvmetad" to 0 in the section "global" of /etc/lvm/lvm.conf (it is the default value in our LVM packages)

Ah okay, interestingly, I don't have lvm.conf in the path /etc/lvm but there is an "lvm.conf.dpkg-dist".

Just did cp oldfile lvm.conf then dpkg-reconfigure ... again and everything works fine.

But I'm just wondering what it says:

The following packages have been held back:
proxmox-ve qemu-server
0 updated, 0 reinstalled, 0 removed and 2 not updated

Very curious.
Any fix for this or can I Ignore this for now?

double check your repository configuration (see admin guide), run apt update followed by apt full-upgrade and check what it says before saying yes ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!