[SOLVED] Update from 6 > 7 can't start LXC container

t_heinrich

May 24, 2021
Hello,
I did a clean install with version 7.
When I try to open an LXC container which I used with version 6 I got the following message:

run_buffer: 316 Script exited with status 2 lxc_init: 816 Failed to run lxc.hook.pre-start for container "105" __lxc_start: 2007 Failed to initialize container "105" TASK ERROR: startup for container '105' failed

Other LXC container works fine.
Have somebody an idea what I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Thomas

hi,

please post the container configuration here (pct config CTID) and your pveversion -v

Reactions: t_heinrich
Hi oguz,
thanks for your support.
In the meantime I found my mistake. There was a link to an old HDD which isn't there anymore.
After deleting the entry in the webinterface for the LXC container I could start the LXC container correctly.

To be honest I'm not sure how to get to the "pct config CTID" inside my "vzdump-lxc-106-2021_09_16-12_52_19.tar.zst" backup file.

Do you have a link for me with further information how I can get it for future use?

Thank you.

Cheers Thomas

hi,

To be honest I'm not sure how to get to the "pct config CTID" inside my "vzdump-lxc-106-2021_09_16-12_52_19.tar.zst" backup file.
sorry if it was unclear, pct is our command line tool for managing containers [0], so you'd run it on the shell to get the output from the container configuration.

thanks for your support.
In the meantime I found my mistake. There was a link to an old HDD which isn't there anymore.
After deleting the entry in the webinterface for the LXC container I could start the LXC container correctly.
great, you're welcome!

you can mark the thread as [SOLVED] so others know what to expect as well :)

[0]: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Linux_...ers_with_tt_span_class_monospaced_pct_span_tt

Reactions: t_heinrich

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!