Unused disk, want to remove it...

csl

Jul 24, 2024
Hi,

It's a bit of a long story, but I had a TPM disk that was under local-lvm (a Windows 2022 machine) that I wanted to move to my own 'storage' elsewhere. It wouldn't let me.

So I tried to delete it and then get a new TPM that is live an kicking. Hooray! ;)

But the first disk, that used to be a TPM disk, is still here. It won't disappear, no matter what I try (disk running, disk turned off etc.).

1728696706473.png

1728698643878.png

What should I try next?

Thanks,

Alex

Last edited:
Ok, I deleted the snapshot, wiped the old TPM, got a new TPM... and now it tells me: 'The current guest configuration does not support taking new snapshots'.

Really?

I now know I have ruined doing TPM in the same area as rest of the disk space. :)

"The current guest configuration does not support taking new snapshots"

I know doing Windows is a chore, but really? ;)

Last edited:
Ok, I deleted the snapshot, wiped the old TPM, got a new TPM... and now it tells me: 'The current guest configuration does not support taking new snapshots'.
I remember seeing that before on this forum. The raw format of the TPM file storage does not support snapshots. I don't remember the work-around (as I don't use it), sorry but it might be somewhere on this forum.

I worked backwards and put the TPM's back on local-lvm and then snapshot's were available again. It wasn't any bother because I had nothing encrypted. I don't understand why TPMs aren't qcow2 or why they can't create a snapshot, but as long has you don't have things encrypted (read this online?) you are ok to drop one and start another elsewhere. :D

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!