Under storage view, seeing red status lights on server icon

merc.man87

Aug 11, 2014
Hello! This is my first time posting. Finally got Proxmox 3.2-4 installed after a long night of Mountain Dew and trial and error. My setup is as follows:

2 Dell PowerEdge 1950's
2 Dell PowerEdge 2950's
1 Dell PowerEdge R310 (Master)

Everything seems to be working okay. I have them all up in a cluster at the moment, I have configured fencing, and the only thing left to do is configure the IPMI management feature to efficiently utilize High Availability. From what I can tell, I am enjoying this Hyper-visor much more than the other ones I have tried. I am starting a WISP, and I am researching every possible setup/solution I will need to be successful. I am planning on virtualizing my entire server environment and offering VPS/hosted solutions for extra income. Ovirt was really pretty, but sweet Jesus of Nazareth did I have a time configuring it. I won't go into specifics, but I am pretty sure a good chunk of you know about it and eventually discovered/tried Proxmox and fell in love.

So, with the short introduction aside, I have noticed, that if you go under storage view, all of the nodes show up right? Well they show up as you would expect, but the have a little red light in the upper left, instead of the green light like under the server view. Everything works fine, I am able to download templates and store them into storage, and I am currently uploading a copy of Server 2008 into storage, and it is going well. I have already installed an CT using a template that has Wordpress, and it works great! But I am wondering if this is a sign of impending doom? or perhaps another step that I need to configure? I have tried to search but to no avail, I just can't seem to find relevant information on it. I am all ears for suggestions, tips, tricks, etc! Thanks in advance!

-Matt

Hello Matt

Well they show up as you would expect, but the have a little red light in the upper left, instead of the green light like under the server view. Everything works fine, ....

perfectly observed - I have the same but never noticed it before since I didn't use "Storage view". I assume this is simply a (minor) bug.

Experience from other users welcome!

Kind regards

Mr.Holmes

Welcome aboard Matt!

Interestingly i have also noticed it under Storage View. Like Mr. Holmes i never use Storage View so never really noticed it. :)
All Status shows ok though except nodes shows offline.

Well that is a relief! I am always bugged by these sort of things so I thought it was worth a check from the established community! Server 2008 seems to be functioning fairly well in this setup with only 2GB Ram/2 CPU. I am telling you, VSphere 5.5 is absolutely horrendous. I had come from 5.1 which worked great, even when the vCenter server was hosted on regular spec'd equipment, fast forward to 5.5, you have all these SSO issues, and you have to have nothing short of a Cray super computer array to run the daggum thing. Good riddance! (It was only an eval anyways). Thanks for the info guys!

-Matt

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!