Undefined Code: 1006

Maetz

Jul 21, 2021
Every time im trying to open the Webconsole/Webshell to one of my VM's, I get the same error message:

For the Shells its:
Undefined Code: 1006

And for the Consoles its:
Failed to connect to server

You can look see them both in the screenshots I uploaded.
This is what I found in the logs:
failed waiting for client: timed out
TASK ERROR: command '/usr/bin/termproxy 5902 --path /vms/104 --perm VM.Console -- /usr/bin/dtach -A /var/run/dtach/vzctlconsole104 -r winch -z lxc-attach --clear-env -n 104' failed: exit code 1

This all started about a week ago. Before that everything was working just fine.

Im thankful for all answers!

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    10.4 KB · Views: 68
  • error2.PNG
    error2.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 60
I didn't change anything. This solution also didnt fix ist. Im thinking of reinstalling proxmox because i think my whole installation is messed up. I cant even update my node anymore!

Not even reinstalling works... Ive tried it with different versions of proxmox and used a CD and a USB Stick aswell...
Im getting really frustrated because I dont know what to do anymore...
I also can't find a thread where someone had the same issue as I did.

failed waiting for client: timed out
TASK ERROR: command '/usr/bin/termproxy 5900 --path /nodes/pve --perm Sys.Console -- /bin/login -f root' failed: exit code 1

Not even reinstalling works... Ive tried it with different versions of proxmox and used a CD and a USB Stick aswell...
Im getting really frustrated because I dont know what to do anymore...
I also can't find a thread where someone had the same issue as I did.
have you checked the thread i've linked in my previous post?

have you checked the thread i've linked in my previous post?
Ive solved the problem already… ESET Security denied the connections and I only had to change one setting.
I was so frustrated but after remebering that I activated my ESET Security that day, everything was clear to me.
Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Ive solved the problem already… ESET Security denied the connections and I only had to change one setting.
I was so frustrated but after remebering that I activated my ESET Security that day, everything was clear to me.
Thank you for your help!
I'm experiencing the same issue on a fresh installed Proxmox, and I run ESET Security, could you let me know what the one setting that needs changing in ESET is?

I am having the same issue but only with one of my two servers and only using safari. I have easy workaround but would like to know what's blocking me from using shell. Im not sure what ESET would translate to for a Mac user.
Thanks for the help in advance!

Try manually importing the cert into the keychain and setting it to always trusted. It fixed it for me in Safari. I think my server updated it's cert or something recently and Safari wouldn't automatically trust the new certificate. I don't think this would be an issue with a non-self signed cert.

This happened to me also,
I installed Nginx-Proxy-Manager, and I tried to log in remotely. I had the same issue; The issue was corrected in my case by enabling Websockets Support, and that solved my problem; now I can connect remotely, no more code 1006.

Reactions: peterge and Mr.J
This happened to me also,
I installed Nginx-Proxy-Manager, and I tried to log in remotely. I had the same issue; The issue was corrected in my case by enabling Websockets Support, and that solved my problem; now I can connect remotely, no more code 1006.
I'm getting the same code 1006, and I'm also using Nginx-Proxy-Manager. But I'm fairly new, so can you please tell me how to enable the websocket support.

I'm getting the same code 1006, and I'm also using Nginx-Proxy-Manager. But I'm fairly new, so can you please tell me how to enable the websocket support.
It's on your Nginx-Proxy-Manger when you create a proxy, it gives you the option to enable WebSocket.

I fixed this on my mac by going into KeyChain Access --> Login keychain (Under default keychain) --> tab Certificates and then double click on the hostname of your proxmox box. Under Trust, select always trust.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!