Unattended Proxmox 8.1 Installation

YosefCohen

Jan 3, 2024
Hey,
I'm trying to create an unattended Proxmox ISO for a bootable USB and for a PXE Installation,
Is there some guide available that I can use? (I've searched the web but unfortunately it was unsuccessful)

Thank you

Reactions: Kingneutron
Hi,
unfortunately, unattended installation is not supported yet. There is some work being done to get it working, but I can't give you an ETA on when it is landing.

I discovered a method to accomplish this using a bootable USB. I utilized Ventoy, Preseed, and Ansible for the process. It works perfectly!
https://github.com/YosefCohen877/USB-Unattended-Proxmox/tree/main

There's a lot in there. :) Is that all manually from you or something sourced off elsewhere? I only ask because I wonder if all that is necessary to make it to the finish line. Also, why is there a drone picture for the deployment? :D

NB: (I do not work at Proxmox)
Code:
   - name: Remove no valid sub popup
      ansible.builtin.replace:
        path: /usr/share/javascript/proxmox-widget-toolkit/proxmoxlib.js
        regexp: >-
          (^\s+)(Ext.Msg.show\(\{\s+title:\s+gettext\('No valid subscription)
        replace: '\1void({ //\2'

Really? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: YosefCohen
Hi all, if you're interested, i have at home a 6 proxmox nodes in a cluster in an hyper-V nested environnement, that i've deployed with a simple pxe server on debian. I've created preseeded files to install proxmox 7.x or 8.x on the right version on debian. I used lvm-thin for my needs. The partitionning is also made for my needs. These preseeds file are very generic for deploying simple debian 11 or 12 distros, or an entire proxmox 7 or 8 node. Of course, this work can be improved and I continue to improve it. I was able to use it to deploy to physical servers too. Best regards

Reactions: Kingneutron
Hi all, if you're interested, i have at home a 6 proxmox nodes in a cluster in an hyper-V nested environnement, that i've deployed with a simple pxe server on debian. I've created preseeded files to install proxmox 7.x or 8.x on the right version on debian. I used lvm-thin for my needs. The partitionning is also made for my needs. These preseeds file are very generic for deploying simple debian 11 or 12 distros, or an entire proxmox 7 or 8 node. Of course, this work can be improved and I continue to improve it. I was able to use it to deploy to physical servers too. Best regards
Post it on github or the like :)

There's a lot in there. :) Is that all manually from you or something sourced off elsewhere? I only ask because I wonder if all that is necessary to make it to the finish line. Also, why is there a drone picture for the deployment? :D

NB: (I do not work at Proxmox)
Code:
   - name: Remove no valid sub popup
      ansible.builtin.replace:
        path: /usr/share/javascript/proxmox-widget-toolkit/proxmoxlib.js
        regexp: >-
          (^\s+)(Ext.Msg.show\(\{\s+title:\s+gettext\('No valid subscription)
        replace: '\1void({ //\2'

Really? :D
I need to update the repo, I did a lot of changes.
i did all manually without any sources (because there is no sources :/ )
the drone just to check the Ventoy customization :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!