Unable to use native AIO: failed to create linux AIO context: Resource temporarily unavailable

mstgeo

May 15, 2022
HI!

I am facing a strange issue on Proxmox 6 with KVM machines. All was working well. But today, it occured, after a restart of a physical node I am getting and issue:

kvm: -drive file=/var/lib/vz-data/images/199/vm-199-disk-0.qcow2,if=none,id=drive-scsi0,format=qcow2,cache=none,aio=native,detect-zeroes=on: Unable to use native AIO: failed to create linux AIO context: Resource temporarily unavailable
TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1

I have several VM machines based on KVM and what I discovered is when I switch off some dev ones, I can run the ones where I get an error.

What can be the cause and how to solve it quick ?

kernel: 5.4.174-2-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.4.174-2 (Thu, 10 Mar 2022 15:58:44 +0100) x86_64 GNU/Linux

proxmox 6 -- updated!

Guys, pls help me here... I dunno what can be the cause. I dig the internet, however there was no solution to this.

Thanks in advance !

regards,
G.

This is what sysctl shows for aio:

fs.aio-max-nr = 1048576
fs.aio-nr = 1048533

The problem is, we have a mixed env there LXC / KVM, 5 of 12 KVM machines can run, the rest is not able to start...

Thanks in advance!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!