Unable to upload anything to proxmox 7.2-3 install

sektor

Sep 5, 2015
I have proxmox installed on a dell r730xd and installed without an issue, but I am having difficulties uploading anything to it. It doesn't matter if it is through the web portal or sftp.

Other than that I am not sure what the issue can be? I don't have any errors and it doesn't matter from what computer neither, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Just an FYI when I use sftp it's like the session terminates and restarts and I get a message like the file is there, but the file never transferred over, also it seems like my ssh sessions to the proxmox host become unresponsive after about a minute, but ssh session's to the nethserver vm are fine and they both go to the same nic.

Last edited:
hi,

* maybe you don't have enough space on your server? what is the output from df -h and lsblk -f?

Just an FYI when I use sftp it's like the session terminates and restarts and I get a message like the file is there, but the file never transferred over,
* how big are the files you're transferring? can you try transferring a smaller text file?

also it seems like my ssh sessions to the proxmox host become unresponsive after about a minute, but ssh session's to the nethserver vm are fine and they both go to the same nic.
are you in the same LAN as your PVE server? how do you connect to it?

hi,

* maybe you don't have enough space on your server? what is the output from df -h and lsblk -f?

* how big are the files you're transferring? can you try transferring a smaller text file?

are you in the same LAN as your PVE server? how do you connect to it?
I have plenty of space 4TB drive dedicated for iso's and the main os is on 2 500GB SSD raid 1

It doesn't matter the file size

My server is on the same switch just a different vlan. I can try to put my desktop on the same vlan as the proxmox server, but I didn't think that would matter.

Also I looked the config I was using a while ago, which was using ovswitch, I installed ovswitch and tried replicating the configs and the network interfaces don't come up.

The uploads just time out also any ssh session freezes like I loose communication, even if I use the proxmox web console but I can ssh to my centos vm just fine.

Edit: I fixed the issue by making my ovswitch config match below and setting my switch port trunk native vlan be set to my management vlan instead of an unused vlan like I saw on a different guide.

FYI these aren't my configs and I followed this guide https://opentechtips.com/exercise-set-up-10-new-vlans-on-proxmox/
# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The virtual network switch
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manual
ovs_type OVSBridge
ovs_ports eno1 vlan1 vlan11 vlan12 vlan13 vlan14 vlan15 vlan16 vlan17 vlan18 vlan19 vlan20

# The primary network interface
auto eno1
iface eno1 inet manual
ovs_bridge vmbr0
ovs_type OVSPort

# Configure the management interface on vlan1
auto vlan1
iface vlan1 inet static
ovs_type OVSIntPort
ovs_bridge vmbr0
address 10.0.255.1/24
gateway 10.0.255.254
ovs_mtu 1500

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!