Unable to restore to a passthrough hard disk

Mirmanium

Aug 14, 2020
Hi all,

I have a special need to use a hard disk passthrough with a windows 11 installed. I am able to backup the passthrough disk but I am UNABLE to restore it to the same device.
There is no way since physical disk does not appear to be selected in the storage menu.
1665952001825.png

Is there any way to restore a backup to a full physical disk? using CLI maybe?

Thank you,

Yes I can.
I can select the physical HD with the Backup option and then run the backup.
Also once completed I can browse files into it.

Mmm... I am wondering if clonezilla could be used to restore a backup done by PBS. I don't know if will recognize the image or I would need to map it somewhere to restore using CZ.
Anyone did something similar before?

Same problem. i have a VM with 4 disks in passthrough, backup works fine, but restore fails. I downloaded the IMGs and am restoring them by hand.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!