Unable to restore dump file to other host

parker0909

Aug 5, 2019
Hello All,

I got the problem when i try to restore the dump file to other host because the existing may be crashed. We find that we cant restart the virtual machine because the storage name. May i know any method we can restore the vm ?

We are restore the vm from ceph storage to temporarily machine for local storage. Thank you.

restore vma archive: lzop -d -c /mnt/pve/Backup/dump/vzdump-qemu-20436-2020_01_19-07_09_38.vma.lzo | vma extract -v -r /var/tmp/vzdumptmp8534.fifo - /var/tmp/vzdumptmp8534
CFG: size: 692 name: qemu-server.conf
CFG: size: 40 name: qemu-server.fw
DEV: dev_id=1 size: 85899345920 devname: drive-scsi0
CTIME: Sun Jan 19 07:09:42 2020
TASK ERROR: command 'set -o pipefail && lzop -d -c /mnt/pve/Backup/dump/vzdump-qemu-20436-2020_01_19-07_09_38.vma.lzo | vma extract -v -r /var/tmp/vzdumptmp8534.fifo - /var/tmp/vzdumptmp8534' failed: storage 'cccs_storage' does not exist

Parker

The issue should be fixed after i changed the local lvm -data name to 'cccs_storage' . Thank you.
I have another question about dump restore. May i know it is working to restore PVE 6.1 dump file back to PVE 5.4 nodes?

Thank you.

The issue should be fixed after i changed the local lvm -data name to 'cccs_storage' . Thank you.
I have another question about dump restore. May i know it is working to restore PVE 6.1 dump file back to PVE 5.4 nodes?

Thank you.

should work (VMA as a file format has been pretty stable). you might need to adapt the config afterwards if you have anything in there that the old version does not support.

should work (VMA as a file format has been pretty stable). you might need to adapt the config afterwards if you have anything in there that the old version does not support.
Thank you. May i know it is possible to change the storage location/name during to restore?
Because i would like to restore VM not same with original storage id/name.

sure - see 'man qmrestore'

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!