Unable to login to my web UI (TFA)

Forssux

Mar 27, 2022
Hi there,

After a upgrade on the server at home, it didn't get back online. I'm only using a single node installation
As I was abroad it had to wait a week.

I started to search/ask on this fine forum and did the following.

I installed Proxmox 7.2 on a new SSD and copied over the /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db as explained here

systemctl stop pve-cluster cp /mnt/old/config.db /var/lib/pve-cluster/ systemctl start pve-cluster pvecm updatecerts --force rebooted

It seems I have NO right to delete the rm /etc/pve/priv/tfa.cfg though I am root@pve the file is read only and chmod wont work.

Another strange thing is I could login with my android phone this morning, but I can't login with normal browser. I tried Firefox/edge/chrome but I always get login failed.

root@pve:~# pvecm status
Cluster information
-------------------
Name: home
Config Version: 1
Transport: knet
Secure auth: on

Cannot initialize CMAP service
root@pve:~# pvecm expected 1
Cannot initialize CMAP service
root@pve:~# journalctl -b -u corosync
-- Journal begins at Mon 2022-08-01 22:45:25 CEST, ends at Tue 2022-08-02 09:26:32 CEST. --
aug 01 23:51:00 pve systemd[1]: Starting Corosync Cluster Engine...
aug 01 23:51:00 pve corosync[3144]: [MAIN ] Corosync Cluster Engine 3.1.5 starting up
aug 01 23:51:00 pve corosync[3144]: [MAIN ] Corosync built-in features: dbus monitoring watchdog systemd xmlconf vqsim nozzle snmp pie relro bindnow
aug 01 23:51:00 pve corosync[3144]: [MAIN ] Could not open /etc/corosync/authkey: No such file or directory
aug 01 23:51:00 pve corosync[3144]: [MAIN ] Corosync Cluster Engine exiting with status 8 at main.c:1417.
aug 01 23:51:00 pve systemd[1]: corosync.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=8/n/a
aug 01 23:51:00 pve systemd[1]: corosync.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
aug 01 23:51:00 pve systemd[1]: Failed to start Corosync Cluster Engine.
root@pve:~#

can somebody help me to get me system back online?
Kind regards
Guy

It seems that when I do a:

root@pve:~# service pve-cluster stop root@pve:~# pmxcfs -l [main] notice: forcing local mode (although corosync.conf exists)

I can login on the webpage and even issue my tfa.
How can I make this permanent?
kind regards

Hmm, on a single node, there should be no need for corosync. Was there a cluster at some point?

Disable the corosync service :
Code:
systemctl disable corosync.service
and remove the /etc/corosync/corosync.conf file and the /etc/pve/corosync.conf file.

Or copy it to some other location if you want to keep it just in case.

Reactions: Forssux
In the end I just reinstalled Proxmox7.2 from ISO again.
And copied over relevant /
etc/pve stuff from old to new the config.db aproach didn't seem to work.
There was always a web login problem.

Reactions: aaron

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!