Unable to log into fresh install

askitee

Apr 27, 2024
ProxMOX Version 8.2-1 Free
Clean Install

This is doing my head in. I am an trying proxmox VE for the 1st time. I have installed it 4 times and after the install is complete can not log in with the credential I created during install. I can't log into the browser interface or the local console. I use the default install options and create the login.

What am I doing wrong? I try using "Linux PAM standard authentication" and "Proxmox VE authentication server" and neither accept my login.
  • Should I expect to receive a code or key or validation email before I can log in for the 1st time to validate the address?
  • Its not caps lock otherwise the email address would show this.
  • Its not the keyb', if I type the password into the email address field no chars are upper case or substituted (example @ for ")
  • I have also redownloaded the ISO and written to a USB key using Rufus
  • I have resorted to blowing away the array in case the installer only rewrites certain bits when I begin a new install over the top of the prior one.
Someone please put me out of my misery

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!