Unable to install Proxmox installer says No network adapter.

aaronouthier

Feb 18, 2021
Hello,

I have an integrated Intel Pro/1000 on my Asus motherboard. Kernel module e1000e is loaded in the installer environment, according to lsmod.

As a workaround, I moved the drive into another system, and installed and fully-updated proxmox with the no-subscription repo, and put the drive back. I expected to have to change the network config, since the 2 systems would use different names for ethernet (gone are the days of eth0).

Once again, the e1000e module is loaded, but 'ip a' shows only lo0 and vmbr0.

Don't know how to proceed in troubleshooting. I'm going to try to find and capture the relevant dmesg blurb and post it.

Last edited:
Anyone seen this before, or have any insights/ideas? This would make a great Proxmox host, if it weren't for this one snag.
If you need more info in order to help, please let me know what you need.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!