Unable to find resource pool configuration

chenlei

Jul 5, 2024
My version is 7.4-3. I created a cluster and I want to manage the CPU and memory of all nodes in the cluster. I want to consolidate and allocate them to the virtual machines that need to be created, but I couldn't find the resource pool option. Is this feature not available in the community or free versions

Attachments

• pve图片.png
    pve图片.png
    243.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi! Just in case you did not know, pve 7 is eol since july 2024. I would recommend upgrading or setting up pve8 from the beginning (as you are currently starting your proxmox-journey). Your questions:

• theres no ressource allocation or assignment to users/groups etc.
  • "Ressource Pool" option is a feature that has a misleading name (imo)
    • see screenshots for its location
  • ts more like a vm-folder/ct-folder which ressources can be assigned to
    • currently it is not possible that one ressource is in multiple ressource-pools.
  • ressource-pools can be used to give user a permission to view only vms that are in ressource-group xy (they dont see the other ressources)

1720180979917.png1720180966976.png

Last edited:
Reactions: UdoB

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!