Unable to delete .iso image with spaces.

onlineapps

Jan 21, 2020
hi, latest version of proxmox cannot remove iso image if image have spaces in file.
i get error:
Method 'DELETE /nodes/proxmox2/storage/backup/content//backup:iso/Windows 10 PRO RU 22H2 19045.2364.iso' not implemented (501)
using command line like rm Windows 10 PRO RU 22H2 19045.2364.iso work fine.

Hi,

This is an expected behavior since when you upload/download-from-url the filename will be normalized with _ characters, see the /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage.pm line 2138:

Perl:
# removes leading/trailing spaces and (back)slashes completely
# substitutes every non-ASCII-alphanumerical char with '_', except '_.-'
sub normalize_content_filename {
    my ($filename) = @_;

chomp $filename;
    $filename =~ s/^.*[\/\\]//;
    $filename =~ s/[^a-zA-Z0-9_.-]/_/g;

return $filename;
}

Reactions: onlineapps
i upload image using SFTP because integrated image uploader not working as axpected, files larger that 4GB cannot be uploaded with success.

when i upload big iso files (using LAN cable) uploading progress bar can be restarted from begin and file tries to upload again.

Last edited:
Is your root filesystem big/free enough? All ISO uploads will be written to /var/tmp and only, after the upload has finished, moved to the target storage.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!