Unable to connect to pfSense remotely using OpenVPN

stefan.p

Jan 19, 2020
Hi there,

I'm having issues connecting to my pfsense VM remotely using OpenVPN.
I am able to to connect to proxmox webmin after adding it to my DMZ on my router but when changing it to my pfsense wan interface it doesn't work.

My setup is:

Spectrum Modem and Wireless router combo 192.168.100.0/24.
Router DMZ is my pfSense WAN interface which get it's IP from the router 192.168.100.165 vmbr1
pfSense LAN 192.168.50.0/24 vmbr2
Proxmox management interface vmbr0 192.168.100.60 (which i currently use to administer remotely router DMZ, I know not good :) )
All other VM's are connected to pfSense LAN vmbr2 192.168.50.0/24

When i connect my laptop to the router directly and use a 192.168.100.x IP I'm able to connect via VPN, but as soon as i try to connect, let's say when connected to my hotspot, and of course selecting pfSense WAN interface for DMZ on my router, it doesn't work.

Am I missing something.

Side note, Hardware Checksum Offloading is turned off in pfSense.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!