Unable to communicate with some hosts on network

Alanl96

Aug 31, 2022
Hi everyone, I recently moved and I eliminated a subnet on my pfsense firewall, my first proxmox server is now sitting on this network and I changed the IP address in the web configurator to match the new subnet. for some crazy reason my proxmox server can ping half of my subnet, but not the other half, some of these services are hosted on the server itself. I am really confused and it looks like the server is properly set to use 192.168.8.1 as the gateway, 192.168.8.10 is the IP of the server, 1.1.1.1 is the primary DNS server. I want to connect this server to the proxmox backup server, but it can't ping out to that server 192.168.8.11. Do you have any suggestions? Before the move, my ip address was 192.168.10.10.

Update: I can ping the server with my laptop 192.168.5.33 and it can ping me. My brother can ping the server and get a response, but it can't ping him 193.168.5.12. This is really confusing. My Pfsense is set to allow any to any for troubleshooting.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!