unable to activate storage 'BackupHomeTwo' - directory is expected to be a mount point but is not mounted: '/mnt/pve/BackupHomeTwo' (500)

tegralens

Nov 8, 2018
I am running a cluster. I am not when this got messed up but looking through the forms I could not figure it out. my server on the superman and thor cannot see the BackupHomeTwo drives. I tried to remove it and add it but it still does not show up.

Home
Superman
Thor

1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
These are the three servers in the cluster. All are running 7.3-3

Please help. Thanks

Here is some information you may ask.

root@home:~# cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
dir: local
path /var/lib/vz
content images,backup,vztmpl,iso,rootdir,snippets

zfspool: NVME-RAIDZ
pool NVME-RAIDZ
content rootdir,images
mountpoint /NVME-RAIDZ
nodes home
sparse 0

dir: BACKUP-DC
path /BACKUP-DC
content images,backup,iso,rootdir,vztmpl,snippets
nodes home
prune-backups keep-daily=1,keep-weekly=2
shared 0

nfs: qnapnew
export /ISO
path /mnt/pve/qnapnew
server 192.168.1.20
content iso,vztmpl,rootdir,backup,images
options vers=4
prune-backups keep-all=1

zfspool: OneTBSSDToshiba
pool OneTBSSDToshiba
content images,rootdir
mountpoint /OneTBSSDToshiba
nodes marvel
sparse 0

dir: OneTBToshiba
path /OneTBSSDToshiba
content iso,vztmpl,rootdir,backup,images,snippets
prune-backups keep-all=1
shared 0

dir: BackupHome
path /mnt/pve/BackupHome
content backup,images,vztmpl,iso,rootdir,snippets
is_mountpoint 1
nodes home
shared 1

zfspool: TwoForty
pool TwoForty
content rootdir,images
mountpoint /TwoForty
nodes superman

zfspool: FTPBACK
pool FTPBACK
content rootdir,images
mountpoint /FTPBACK
nodes superman
sparse 0

zfspool: TwoHundredGBSuperman
pool TwoHundredGB
content rootdir,images
mountpoint /TwoHundredGB
nodes superman
sparse 0

zfspool: OneTBSuperman
pool OneTB
content rootdir,images
mountpoint /OneTB
nodes superman
sparse 0

dir: BackupHomeTwo
path /mnt/pve/BackupHomeTwo
content images,backup,vztmpl,rootdir,iso,snippets
is_mountpoint 1
shared 0

It appears that "BackupHomeTwo" is a local disk and will only be accessible on the node that actually has that disk.
Notice that your other local storage has "nodes xxxxx" configuration option, that tells PVE that its only present/accessible from that node.
The storage in question does not have that option, so PVE is trying to find this storage on each of the nodes.
Edit your storage configuration and add node specification.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

I tried to have all of them there and I left it blank so it has no restrictions but it still has not change. Still showing the ?
1-png.45266

The storage in question is "directory" storage. This type of storage points to a directory, that directory must pre-exist.
In addition, it seems that you have a disk that you expect to be mounted on that directory. In fact, you have set an option that would cause PVE to expect that directory to be mounted "is_mountpoint 1". Is it it mounted on the node where the disk exists?
You have to mount the directory manually and if you want the mount to persist through reboots, then you need to either edit /etc/fstab or update systemd unit.
What does "mount" show on the node where you have the disk?

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

I am just trying to share that HD with the other servers to use it to back VMs

/dev/sdd1 on /mnt/pve/BackupHomeTwo type xfs (rw,relatime,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!