Unable to activate CIFS for pve storage

everwisher

Jun 23, 2019
I intend to transfer iso and image storage to my Synology NAS which I can perfectly mount via commandline:
Code:
# mount -t cifs -o credentials=~/.smbCre //NAS IP/pveStorage /mnt/pve/pveStorageOnDSM/ -v
mount.cifs kernel mount options: ip=NAS IP,unc=\\NAS IP\pveStorage,user=********,pass=********

However, the pveproxy webUI keeps loading the sambashare with parameters in /etc/pve/storage.cfg:
Code:
cifs: dsm
        server NAS IP
        share pveStorage
        path /mnt/pve/pveStorageOnDSM
        content iso,vztmpl,backup,images
        username ********
        password ********
        smbversion 3

Anyone knows what have I done wrong? Please point it out.
Thanks in advance.

hi,

what about the smbversion?

mount.cifs may use a different version by default.

try to set the smbversion differently and see if that helps.

hi,

what about the smbversion?

mount.cifs may use a different version by default.

try to set the smbversion differently and see if that helps.

Thanks for replying.

I tried with smbversion 2 and omitting this option, but still no effect.

Actually my DSM918+ has been set to use smbversion 2 as min ver and 3 as max ver. There shouldn't be any compatibility issue with samba protocol.

okay.
what do you see in journalctl -xe? anything relevant for the cifs mount? also check /var/log/syslog for hints about a failed mount or similar.

okay.
what do you see in journalctl -xe? anything relevant for the cifs mount? also check /var/log/syslog for hints about a failed mount or similar.

Both journalctl -xe and /var/log/syslog simply say: pve pvestatd[xxxx]: storage 'dsm' is not online

okay... what do you get if you run pvesm scan cifs $SERVERIP?

also what is the output of pveversion -v ?

any update?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!