Unable to access web interface on a new installation

system32

Apr 30, 2024
I have reinstalled about 3 times and I am still not able to access the GUI. I tried with https://192.168.1.5:8006 but web interface not reachable.
I am also not able to ping anything on the network and also proxmox host is not reachable.
Have tried from different laptops with different browsers but no luck

Attachments

• Issues.jpeg
    Issues.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 9
  • issue2.png
    issue2.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I did try to access https://192.168.1.5:8006 and page does not load.
I also pinged the 192.168.1.5 host and 100% packet loss.
The port 8006 seems to be open

Attachments

• issue3.png
    issue3.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Issue4.jpeg
    Issue4.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 9
I am ping from 192.168.1.133. I am on the same LAN (subnet and gateway) with the Proxmox host.

you should be able to ping, ssh and reach the web interface.

can you ping your computer 192.168.1.133 from the proxmox server 192.168.1.5 ?

Unfortunately nothing works, SSH, Ping, web interface. I have tried to check previous posts and follow the troubleshooting but no luck.
I am also not able to ping my computer 192.168.1.133 from the Proxmox server 192.168.1.5.
Moreover, I am not able to ping google.com or 8.8.8.8 from the Proxmox server 192.168.1.5.

my best guess would be that the proxmox server is not on the same physical network as your other computer or you have some faulty network equipment

Strange and its a new Intel NUC. I will try to boot into live Ubuntu and see if all is working.

Tested with live ubuntu and everything works perfectly so I believe something is wrong with the config on Proxmox

Last edited:
It would be great if you can provide the following:
a) "ip a" output from your regular workstation. If windows: "ipconfig /all"
b) "arp -n" output from your regular workstation.
b1) "ip route" output from your regular workstation.
c) "ip a" output from PVE
d) "arp -n" output from PVE
e) "cat /etc/network/interface" output from PVE
e1) "ip route" output from PVE
f) "ip a" output from live Ubuntu
g) "arp -n" output from Ubuntu
g1) "ip route"utput from Ubuntu
h) arp table listing from your router, with both PVE and Ubuntu

If possible, use text encoded with CODE tags. Photos are ok as plan B.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Last edited:
This can be closed and thank you for helping. I will install proxmox on a different hardware.

Interesting choice - after you fail to provide any details about your install, ip output & NW config etc. you decide on a change of HW?
I am not very technical therefore I do not want to get too deep into this troubleshooting as I have already spent a lot of time trying to get it to work on Intel NUC. Different hardware is a solution and its working fine for now.

Last edited:
I am not very technical therefore I do not want to get too deep into this troubleshooting. Different hardware is a solution and its working fine for now.
I get you - and no problem at all.

But be aware - running a HV system is by nature "technical" & definitely a learning experience.

I always try to work out problems - not workaround / circumvent them - that way I always learn invaluable, on-hand new info, that later always proves useful.

Just me ranting on...

Anyway, Happy Proxmoxing!

Reactions: system32

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!