[SOLVED] Unable to access port 465 from the guest VM

fmba

Sep 21, 2023
I've tried both Linux and Windows VMs, and I'm experiencing the same issue.

However, on my laptop, which is on the same LAN as the Proxmox Server, I was able to access it.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

in order for us to help, you will have to give way more information. Is the service you are trying to connect to hosted inside a VM or on a different host? Are your VMs in the same subnet as the service you are trying to reach? Is the firewall enabled on datacenter/host/VM level?

Please share your Proxmox VE's current network configuration /etc/network/interfaces and the configuration of the VM you try to connect from qm config <VMID> --current as well as the config for the VM the service is located on (I assume it is a VM, share the network config for the host otherwise).

Hi,

in order for us to help, you will have to give way more information. Is the service you are trying to connect to hosted inside a VM or on a different host? Are your VMs in the same subnet as the service you are trying to reach? Is the firewall enabled on datacenter/host/VM level?

Please share your Proxmox VE's current network configuration /etc/network/interfaces and the configuration of the VM you try to connect from qm config <VMID> --current as well as the config for the VM the service is located on (I assume it is a VM, share the network config for the host otherwise).
Hi Chris,

Thank you your reply. I'm not sure what happened, but when I tested it just now, it appears to be working.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!