Unable to access GUI due to ongoing Hanged vm backup on nfs share.

pranit

Oct 10, 2019
hello team,
i have a proxmox cluster of 3 nodes in production mode. i have recently attached nfs storage for dump and iso files on cluster.
i tool backups of relatively small vm's successfully . but while taking backup of one large size vm, process has hanged. i'm not able to check status of backup from GUI, also can not take console of any of the vm from that particular note.
After logout , no login can be made for that node. gives error after entering password "Connection failure. Network error or Proxmox VE services not running?"
login from different node on cluster is still working. can anyone with solution without restarting node?

Also if anyone can assist me whether i can go with nfs 'soft' mount or 'hard' with 'intr' and how??
storage content for nfs are mainly dump files and iso's only.

Last edited:
Try 'hashing' out NFS entry in /etc/pve/storage.cfg, then reboot if possible. If GUI is back again readd NFS share (using soft mount instead).
Just add 'soft' parameter at 'options' line (like so: options vers=4,soft)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!