UEFI VMs cannot connect to the network

Nerdy_Neandertahl

Sep 12, 2023
I am struggling to create a virtual machine with UEFI and working networking. I have multiple virtual machines with the default SEABios that can connect fine, with DHCP, even during the installs. However, when I create a q35 machine with UEFI, and pre-enrolled keys unchecked, I cannot connect to the network. This includes trying to assign addresses in the VM statically. It seems like a host issue, considering all SEABios VMs have no issue.

Hello,

Have you tried to disable the secure Boot in the UEFI settings of the VM?

Can you please provide us also with the output of `pveversion -v` and `qm config <VMID>`?

I have misdiagnosed the issue. I performed some checks before collecting the information above. I have two interfaces, and one interface was off in proxmox. This interface was for VMs, not for the web GUI. After checking the cables, and restarting proxmox, all interfaces are back up and both SEABios and UEFI machines have network connectivity. Thank you for your reply!

Reactions: Moayad

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!