UEFI secure boot

hi,

when you're booting the machine hit F2, then go to "Device Manager" -> "Secure Boot Configuration"

Reactions: i_am_jam and Hyacin
Hello, it is possible to convert VM Windows server 2016 Standard version 1607 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without data loss ? because i need to enable secure boot -_-

Going to bump this thread:

using PVE 7.2-3

I'm trying to install a qcow2 instance of Home Assistant.
I've downloaded the qcow2 image, unpacked it from the .bz
Used winscp to copy the qcow2 image to /var/lib/template/iso
qm importdisk 201 image.qcow2 local-lvm

import works, set the parameters to virtio
set the boot order

Get's stuck on "Booting from hard disk..."

I've rebooted my VM, and I try to press F2, but nothing happens, sent Ctrl-Alt-Del, press F2 etc
The only thing that does anything is Esc which takes me to the boot menu

1. Virtio disk PCI:00:0a.0
2. iPXE (PCI 00:12.0)
3. Legacy option rom
4. DVD/CD yada yada

I've found references to disabling Secure Boot as UEFI boot is a problem apparently.
But I can't get to the "Device Manager" -> "Secure Boot Configuration"

Any one help?

Not sure if this is resolved, but I believe the instruction is for booting into the host's bios, not the VM. And entry to the secure boot option can be different depending on the bios manufacturer. For example, I have a HP Z620. To get into the bios, I need to press F10 to get into the BIOS when the PC boots up.

Not sure if this is resolved, but I believe the instruction is for booting into the host's bios, not the VM.
the instruction was for the UEFI booted VMs using the OVMF firmware. when booting such VMs pressing F2 will drop you into the VM's BIOS.

For people having a similar issue to me, which was I couldn't get into the UEFI options, was that I had chosen the legacy bios, called Seabios.
Selecting the UEFI bios fixed my boot issues and it is now working well.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!