Ubuntu 22.04 LXC DHCPv6 not working

elagil

Jan 4, 2020
Hello!

My setup is a proxmox instance in a local network alongside a DHCPv6 server (a FritzBox! router).
In a nutshell, the router's settings are set such that it assigns the DNS server, prefix and addresses by means of DHCPv6.

1671394858794.png

However, this does not seem to work with my Ubuntu LXC container. The container only gets a link-local ipv6 address (fe80:...), while choosing dhcp for the ipv6 configuration.

Then, I made a second container with the same settings, but based on Debian 11. It gets assigned a global ipv6 (2001:...), as expected:

1671396104249.png

In conclusion, the dhcp setting in the proxmox LXC network page don't seem to propagate correctly to the Ubuntu container, but it works for Debian 11. What can I do to fix this, or is this an issue with the container template? I also tested a static ipv6, which is set properly in the Ubuntu container.

Thanks in advance.

I have the similar issue, is it possible to get a fix? DHCPv6 doesn't work in LXCs but works fine in QEMU

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!