Ubuntu 12_04_01

Dec 3, 2012
Hey,

i have a little problem. I installed proxmox 2.1-14 bit ago. now i noticed, that all my ubuntu 12.04 images that i installed (downloaded official mirror) are 32bit. My host (proxmox) is defnitly x64 (uname -a) and if i install a debian i get a x64 vm also (again uname -a or to check pakages apt-get install -s "SOMETHING"). why or what i have to do to force ubuntu (todays image and 12_04_01) to install as x64 (Hash is good but result ... = x32 or / i686). If i do it my way with enabled kvm virt enabled also in bios etc.. i only get x32 machines.
I hope u can help me cause i want to stay @ ubuntu-server x64 12.04 and this is a problem not only for me i think.

Greetings.

You need to install from a 64 bit iso image.

yes i did this. plz read my post.I tried a netinst with debian x64 also and it works. I also checked today, that i had no problems with a 10.04 image bit time ago. plz can you check or verify my problem or can test it with the actuall ubuntu x64 server image?

Thomas

p.s. i checked hash and its ok!

may some other users, verify your kernle with uname -a ?

Last edited:
If you install a 64 bit you will get a 64 bit. There is no way a 64 bit can pretend itself as a 32 bit. The only way you can get uname to respond 32 bit is if the installed distribution in fact is a 32 bit distribution.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!