ubnutu 14.04 vm disk becomes read-only

offerlam

Renowned Member
Dec 30, 2012
Denmark
Hi guys

I have serverial ubuntu vms which suddenly becomes read only out of the blue

the cli output when i log in is:

unable to setup logging. error 30 read-only file system: '/var/log/landscape/sysinfo.log'
run-parts: /etc/update-motd.d/50-landscape-sysinfo exited with return code 1

and allot of other errors about stuff it can't do because its in read only file system..

has anyone any inputs? don't even know where to begin... sigh..

THANK!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi Dietmar,

Thanks for the quick response..

my underlying storage is a synology DS1513+ connected over NFS..

I have heard some say you shouldn't use NFS because it may cause errors and that you should stay with SCSI. Could this be why im seeing these problems?

Also

if i fix the issue with the storage, would my VM work ok than? or should i consider it broken and start fck repairs?

my NAS does not report any errors... ugh... is there a way to get a picture of what could be wrong in any proxmox logs.. cause the nas says everything is A ok

is there a way to get a picture of what could be wrong in any proxmox logs.. cause

The guest switched the file system to read-only, so it is the response of the guest to log the reason. Already searched the syslog inside the guest?

Updaitng the NAS seems to have solved the problem... and my Vms seems to work after implementing FSCK

thanks Dietmar!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!