Two-ways mirroring CEPH cluster how to?

Whatever

Renowned Member
Nov 19, 2012
In PVE Wiki (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Ceph_RBD_Mirroring) written
  • rbd-mirror installed on the backup cluster ONLY (apt install rbd-mirror).
    This approach should be appropriate to maintain a crash consistent copy of the original image. It will not allow you to failback to the master cluster. You need two-way mirroring for that. You can set it up at the time you want to failback.

Could anyone advice how to extend one-way mirroring to two-ways with respect to original PVE Wiki howto?
Is it enough to install rbd-mirror in master (source) ? If so is it enough to install on one node in source CEPH cluster or it should be installed on all source ceph nodes?

Thanks in advance

Any ideas? Proxmox Team?
i think whats meant on that page is that in case you want to fall back to the original cluster, you basically have to run through the steps but with the master and slave cluster reversed.

but in any case i'd test it on seperate test clusters beforehand

i think whats meant on that page is that in case you want to fall back to the original cluster, you basically have to run through the steps but with the master and slave cluster reversed.

but in any case i'd test it on seperate test clusters beforehand

Dominik, thanks for the hint
I've already tried do so but was facing errors and warnings in syslog related to rbd-mirror

From my perspective RBD mirroring solution fro PVE Wiki only suitable for journal mirroring and not for image one.
It would be extremely useful if Proxmox team will extend that manual to satisfy current RBD mirroring CEPH preferences (image based mirroring over journal one)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!