two unrelated issues/questions

mo_

Oct 27, 2011
Germany
In another thread tom asked, why people installed citadel to their PVE servers. I was able to figure that one out because I was wondering why it got installed to my machine.

proxmox-ve-2.6.32 depends on the virtual package mail-transport-agent. debian-minimal DOES NOT HAVE AN MTA INSTALLED so apt (apparently) chooses the first entry (assuming alphabetical sorting) in the virtual package, which happens to be citadel-mta. (names in bold are actual debian package names)

I can see 2 ways to fix this:

a) Figure out why apt/aptitude automatically selects citadel-mta without prompting the user(!!!) and do something about it (no idea why its doing that)
b) This would be more of a dirty hack: make your own virtual package (possibly named pve-recommended-mta?) containing the same packages, but also another virtual package called apostfix so that it would get selected first. this virtual package apostfix would then simply point to the actual postfix package.

Lastly to fix your server that now has citadel instead of a proper MTA:

aptitude install postfix (will remove citadel-mta)
aptitude purge citadel-server libcitadel2

-----------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated question: (they are both directed at the staff, thats why theyre in the same thread).

Why doesnt the openvz container download menu include the amd64 templates? They are present in the folder this list is generated from (http://download.proxmox.com/appliances/system/) but theyre not being displayed. I feel like that if anything, it should be the other way around (dont display the legacy templates i386)

Now I know that turnkey still hasn't managed to create amd64 appliances yet (despite their announcement to be working on it from 3 years ago), so Im only talking about the first section of said menu.

Attached is the current apl-available from Proxmox along with the amd64 template details. Kindly upload for all Proxmox installs to benefit. Both Patch file and full file are in the zip file.

Attachments

• apl-available-with-amd64.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 4

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!