Two Node HA Cluster and Quorum disk

webfrank

May 28, 2011
Hi, I've installed a two node ha cluster with latest 2.1. To have ha working properly I decided to use a quorum disk. The disk is an iSCSI 10MB LUN shared from the same SAN (FreeNAS) which I use for VM disks. I followed the wiki page to create such a cluster and I ended up to a working cluster. The problem arises when I had to power cycle a node, the HA VM have been started on the other node with no problem but when the rebooted server tried to start the cluster quorum disk failed and so all the cluster (as expected because he thinks there is no quorum). Once logged on and issued /etc/init.d/cman restart && /etc/init.d/pve-cluster restart all is ok.
I think the problem is that iSCSI is initialized after cman start and this way cman cannot see quorum disk.
Does someone had similar problem?

Hi, I've installed a two node ha cluster with latest 2.1. To have ha working properly I decided to use a quorum disk. The disk is an iSCSI 10MB LUN shared from the same SAN (FreeNAS) which I use for VM disks. I followed the wiki page to create such a cluster and I ended up to a working cluster. The problem arises when I had to power cycle a node, the HA VM have been started on the other node with no problem but when the rebooted server tried to start the cluster quorum disk failed and so all the cluster (as expected because he thinks there is no quorum). Once logged on and issued /etc/init.d/cman restart && /etc/init.d/pve-cluster restart all is ok.
I think the problem is that iSCSI is initialized after cman start and this way cman cannot see quorum disk.
Does someone had similar problem?

I just set up something similar. My problem was that I forgot to edit "/etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf" and change "node.startup = manual" to "node.startup = automatic" I then had to re-configure the iSCSI LUN.

--Will

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!