Two 1 Gb NIC for lb and doubling speed

First, I will ignore the arrogant and untrue shit in your first statement, alright?

Well... I'm done helping you. RTFM and figure it out on your own kiddo.

What i'm telling you is not untrue.
It's not proxmox, and it's not your hardware. You have an x86_64 processor, and are running an OS that supports that.
Other people have no issues setting up this exact setup, and I even did it in my lab within a few minutes yesterday.

I can SEE your network config is wrong. I'm looking at it in this thread and telling you what's wrong with it.
You just don't seem to want to listen, and you seem to misunderstand some basic networking fundamentals.
Instead of analyzing your config you just blame the hardware or software.

And now you want to lip off? I've responded as best as i can for over a month, but you have reached the end of my patience.
So... figure it out like all the rest of us did.

I'm out. I'm un-subbing this thread so I won't get your responses.

My last tip for you:
Sounds like you have a network loop or something if it's dropping for 5 minutes to an hour. check your switch is accepting trunking, and not trying to RSTP.

The switch config was shown above, already. It is configured as an eth trunk, with mode LACP - no loop there on the bond side.

Nope, the current network configuration is not posted here. I told you, already, I altered it after the discussion.

Also, once again:

Code:
auto enp3s0
iface enp3s0 inet static
    address  a.a.a.b
    netmask  255.255.255.248
    gateway a.a.a.a

... is working fine and ...

Code:
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address a.a.a.b
    netmask 255.255.255.248
    gateway a.a.a.a
    bridge-ports enp3s0
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0

... is NOT working (fine). This has absolutely nothing to do with the bonding. As soon as I use a bridge, the problems start.

Btw, I found this issue several times in the forums like in 2016 and 2018 and it was never stated a solution there, as far as I could see.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!