Tuxis Documentation / Tutorial?

HarryW

Nov 25, 2022
Hi all,

complete newbie here... I installed PVE and PBS locally and backups are working fine. Now I would like to use Tuxis for offsite backups. I signed up for the free account.
From what I understand, sync is only possible with a paid account. That is ok. But how can I use the Tuxis PBS then? Is there any documentation or tutorial I can read?

Harry

You just add it as another PBS storage to your PVE node. They have sent you two email with all the data you need to login to their site and to add your PBS storage:
Host: pbsXXX.tuxis.nl
Fingerprint: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
User: DBXXXX
Realm: pbs
Datastore: DBXXXX_PBStuxis
Your password will be sent by SMS. Please let us know if you have any issues!
That's all you need (and of cause the password you got per SMS).

When ading a PBS storage to PVE you use "pbsXXX.tuxis.nl" for the server field, "DBXXXX@pbs" for the user field, the password for the "Password" field, "DBXXXX_PBStuxis" for the "Datastore" and "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" for the "Fingerprint" field.

Last edited:
You just add it as another PBS storage to your PVE node. They have sent you two email with all the data you need to login to their site and to add your PBS storage:

That's all you need (and of cause the password you got per SMS).

When ading a PBS storage to PVE you use "pbsXXX.tuxis.nl" for the server field, "DBXXXX@pbs" for the user field, the password for the "Password" field, "DBXXXX_PBStuxis" for the "Datastore" and "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" for the "Fingerprint" field.
Thanks @Dunuin ! That was easy! :)

We would like to add:
The fingerprint is not necessary, this is only for a self-signed certificate. If you add our fingerprint, the connection to PBS will break as soon as we replace the certificate (which is the case once a year).
Just leave it empty.

Reactions: _gabriel

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!