Trying to set console screen resolution.

ComfySofa

Feb 7, 2021
Hi there

As above ive just tried to set the res to 1900x1080 in the uefi settings and getting this error. (i cant save) - anyone had this? - thanks to anyone that replies/take a stab at it.!

Screenshot 2023-03-25 180158.jpg

Same here...
I have a Windows 10 VM and I'm trying to set a resolution of 1600x900.
When I go to set the resolution in the OVMF BIOS I get the same error posted in the picture.
I've tried:
- Creating a new VM in OVMF Q35 type and moving the windows disk over.
and when I created the UEFI virtual disk, I chose my zfs storage and didn't work
- Then I tried the same, but this time choosing a Qcow2 storage for the UEFI file
thinking it had to do with not being able to write changes to the file, but that din't work either.
- I tried picking different versions of q35 (v6.1 or 7.2)
- I've googled about it and there was some sort of a bug referenced back in 2019, however I didn't see anything about a fix
https://lists.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/2020-February/041713.html
___
I'm using the latest updates as of 2023-03-25 at 20:10 UTC

Great...! (not sure what im looking at!) is it some sort of patch? im relatively new to Proxmox so still learning...!

Well, just to add -ive not tried it for a week or so, but just tried to set it again and its now working so i can only guess this issue has been patched! - awesome - thats the kind of fix that i like... (one where i didnt have to do anything) and if i did would probably break it!

Many thanks.

Andy

The problem was with pve-edk2-firmware version 3.20221111-1 and is fixed with version 3.20230228-1, which already is in the pve-no-subscription repository (don't know about the pve-enterprise one).

So, if you are using pve-no-subscription, you got the fixed version with a simple update of the PVE-host.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!