trying to designate a physical lan to a container

ontop01970

Sep 2, 2022
My setup, Asus p6t deluxe motherboard with core I7 processor and 24 gb ram, motherboard has 2 lan ports. I run a pihole and openmediavault which are running always. Im trying to create a pihole,vpn,unbound container and dedicate the 2nd lan port to that container only, to maximize my speed.
as you can see in the attached screenshot 1, enp4s0 is not being used at all, and that is what i want to use for my pihole,vpn,unbound container. if i try to add a bridge using that port(screenshot 2), I get the output of sceenshot 3.Screenshot from 2023-09-21 16-08-42.png2Screenshot from 2023-09-21 16-18-28.png
3Screenshot from 2023-09-21 16-18-47.png
which is really confusing since im trying to create a bridge of vmbr1 not vrbm0. Could someone help out a noob with this?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!