iface lo inet loopback

# COROSYNC
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
    address 10.0.12.3
    netmask 255.255.255.240

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

# SERVER                                                                                                                                                           
auto vmbr10                                                                                                                                                         
iface vmbr10 inet static                                                                                                                                        
    address  10.0.10.212                                                                                                                                       
    netmask  255.255.255.0                                                                                                                                   
    gateway  10.0.10.254                                                                                                                                       
    bridge_ports eth0.10                                                                                                                                       
    bridge_stp off                                                                                                                                                   
    bridge_fd 0                                                                                                                                                     

# STORAGE                                                                                                                                                         
auto vmbr11                                                                                                                                                         
iface vmbr11 inet static                                                                                                                                        
    address  10.0.11.5                                                                                                                                           
    netmask  255.255.255.128                                                                                                                               
    bridge_ports eth0.11                                                                                                                                        
    bridge_stp off                                                                                                                                                   
    bridge_fd 0

# MGMT
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address  10.0.100.35
    netmask  255.255.255.0
    gateway  10.0.100.254
    bridge_ports eth0.100
    bridge_stp off
    bridge_fd 0

# eth0
Code:
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/3 
 description *** to PROXMOX *** 
 switchport trunk native vlan 999 
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,11,100 
 switchport mode trunk 
 switchport nonegotiate 
 spanning-tree portfast trunk 
 spanning-tree bpduguard enable

I've a vm where the net interface is configured like this
Code:
net0: virtio=A2:B0:93:9C:4A:1E,bridge=vmbr10

every interface/bridge on the pve host itself is working and accessible but the vm is not able to communicate to anything.

I assume that packets leaving the pve host aren't tagged at all and will land in the blackhole vlan999.

I'm probably missing the bridge/vlan concept of debian here but I thought it would be similar to the vmware way with vswitch and portgroups.

Hopefully somebody can point me to the right direction here....

Your bridges need to be vlan aware, a simpler network config is to have one bridge vmbr0 (vlan aware) and add the vlan tag to every VM/container you are running. So you don't need to change the network config, when you add new VLANs to the network.
Code:
bridge_vlan_aware yes

ok so I changed the relevant part and changed the native vlan on the trunk to 100 (mgmt) so I can still access the pve host

Code:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

# SERVER
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
   address 10.0.100.35
   netmask  255.255.255.0
   gateway  10.0.100.254
   bridge_vlan_aware yes
   bridge_ports eth0
   bridge_stp off
   bridge_fd 0

# STORAGE
auto vmbr11
iface vmbr11 inet static
   address  10.0.11.5
   netmask  255.255.255.128
   bridge_ports eth0.11
   bridge_stp off
   bridge_fd 0

but VM is still not able to reach anything

is it even possible to mix the eth0 config like this - vmbr0 with eth0 as bridge port is vlan aware and vmbr11 is bridge port eth0.11 ?

I assume that your VM is now using vmbr0. Did you set the vlan on the interface of the VM?.

is it even possible to mix the eth0 config like this - vmbr0 with eth0 as bridge port is vlan aware and vmbr11 is bridge port eth0.11 ?

I removed the storage vlan from the config so now I have only this
Code:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

# SERVER
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
   address 10.0.100.35
   netmask  255.255.255.0
   gateway  10.0.100.254
   bridge_vlan_aware yes
   bridge_ports eth0
   bridge_stp off
   bridge_fd 0

I assume that your VM is now using vmbr0. Did you set the vlan on the interface of the VM?.
yes it is using vmbr0 and I added the vlan tag to the vm net interface

I forgot to mention my pve version: 4.4

ok so I tried a new server with pve 5.0 and with bridge_vlan_aware interface config + storage int

Code:
iface enp9s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
       address  10.0.100.33
       netmask  255.255.255.0
       gateway  10.0.100.254
       bridge_ports enp9s0
       bridge_stp off
       bridge_fd 0
       bridge_vlan_aware yes

auto vmbr11
iface vmbr11 inet static
       address  10.0.11.3
       netmask  255.255.255.128
       bridge_ports enp9s0.11
       bridge_stp off
       bridge_fd 0

and voila everything is working as expected !

I will try pve 5.0 on the other server also to check if it is a prob with the "old" pve version or something else

I am using pve 5.4-13 and not working
iface eno2 inet manual

auto vmbr2
iface vmbr2 inet manual
bridge-ports eno2
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0
bridge-vlan-aware yes
bridge-vids 2-4094

auto vmbr998
iface vmbr998 inet manual
bridge-ports eno2.998
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

auto vmbr999
iface vmbr999 inet manual
bridge-ports eno2.999
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

On VM config i have set:

net0: virtio=36:6E:C9:D8:33:C3,bridge=vmbr998

I also have tried:

net0: virtio=36:6E:C9:D8:33:C3,bridge=vmbr2,tag=998

But without success...

I also have tried:

iface eno2 inet manual

auto vmbr2
iface vmbr2 inet manual
bridge-ports eno2
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0
bridge-vlan-aware yes
bridge-vids 2-4094

auto vmbr998
iface vmbr998 inet manual
bridge-ports vmbr2.998
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

auto vmbr999
iface vmbr999 inet manual
bridge-ports vmbr2.999
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!