TRUENAS 10GB direct connection to PROXMOX in CLUSTER

sprintership

Dec 26, 2019
Experts,

I do have TRUENAS with 3 10GB NIC CARDS installed and each PROX server in cluster is connected directly to TRUENAS:

Number the first one 172.16.100.10/24 to a host at 172.16.100.11/24.
Number the second one 172.16.101.10/24 to a host at 172.16.101.11/24.
Number the third one 172.16.102.10/24 to a host at 172.16.102.11/2

I wonder how prox should look like for ISCSI and if I should use LVM or ZFS for Cluster ?

Do you want to share the storage between the nodes or should each node have its own separate storage?

I am trying to set it up in either way, From what I understanding I can share the storage between the nodes

I am trying to set it up in either way, From what I understanding I can share the storage between the nodes
If all nodes can access the same storage under the same name, then you can check the "shared storage" checkbox. It does not do any magic, just tells PVE that this storage is available on all nodes and is shared.

So for iSCSI you can either add one iSCSI storage per VM disk (smaller volumes) or create one large iSCSI volume and create an LVM (non thin) on top of it to divide the space for multiple VM disks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!