Tracking Center : aborted by limit (too many hits) -- No Pagination option

Deepen Dhulla

Renowned Member
Mar 1, 2016
Mumbai
www.technoinfotech.com
We have deployed PMG for MX , while mail-log is huge to test-load of PMG,
we found that Tracking Center (based on pmg-log-tracker) get-into aborted by limit (too many hits) , when refine search is as low as single day and one hour range ...
Thus has to fall-back to see via console to tail or grep maillog to see what time of email are coming on server at the moment.

Our suggestion you need to add pagination option so that Browser-limit is say 50/100 records is not crashed. and we can go with see with pagination for more details too.

Currently the limit of 2000 is hardcoded - and until now I think this has worked with all installations in a productive setting I'm aware of

How many mails do you expect per hour in your PMG - what would you think would be a sensible limit

The issue is that the limit causes the Tracking Center to be somewhat performant (it needs to parse the complete syslog - which can be quite time and resource consuming)

Pagination is nothing I would like to implement there - however if the limit is indeed to little in an actual production environment we could consider making it configurable

PMG has been currently Deployed as DR MX for mine Existing Postfix+MailScanner Multiple-MX Server with MariaDB for Log-Storage and my Email traffic is nearly 5k-10k per hours in peak hour. Thus was planning to check if it can be replace with PMG, but Tracking Center limit turns out to be one-of the bottle neck. therefore request for pagination.

hmm - You can open an enhancement request to make this configurable (the limit - I don't think that pagination is something we want to implement here) over at https://bugzilla.proxmox.com if you like

No promises when/if this will get implemented though

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!