Touchscreen in a WIN VM is this possible?

I installed proxmox on a NUC8I3BEK and created a win10 per VM.

Now I connected my touch screen via usb, the usb port was of course passed.

However, the touch function only works for about 1 minute after which no input is possible. If I deactivate the "HID Compliant Touchscreen" driver in the Device Manager and then reactivate it, the touch function will continue for 1 minute. All usb energy saving measures have been disabled.

Do I have to install a linux driver?

P.S. I also created a win8.1 VM there is exactly the same problem.

I tested it, unfortunately it was not the cause. Nevertheless, thanks for the tip.

The funny thing is that if I keep typing on the touch screen at frequent intervals, it works for a longer time too. As soon as I do not enter anything for about 45-60 seconds, the touch function does not work anymore.

Could the virtio drivers be the problem? I'm ready to try everything. I'm about to install windows on the PC without proxmox :-(

Last edited:
It is possible to touch in WIN VM using tools like logmein, R-HUB remote support servers and Windows 10 remote desktop.

Hi, I have the same issue using a touchscreen ASUS MB16AMT on a WIN VM. I have tried a fresh install but same issue :/
Did you find any solution to fix it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!