TNEF / winmail.dat decoding

f4242

Dec 19, 2016
Quebec, QC
Hello,

I see there that the tnef utility is already installed in PMG. Is there a way to make PMG to automatically decode/extract winmail.dat files so non-outlook users can see the attached files?

Thanks!

Yeah I know, but I prefer to configure thing one time on a server instead of many time on user's desktops. The LookOut extension work great on Thunderbird, but there is still issues with Outlook Mac (yeah, even MS doesn't support that crap on Mac) and webmail.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevC
There's no a native way to convert tnef/wimail.dat in txt file built in in pmg stuff.
One (not so simple) way to implement it is via mimedefang, which is btw a milter which will be plugged in postfix and come just before the pmg filtering engine (pmg-smtp-filter service).

Here a link to implement it: https://www.axigen.com/knowledgebas...-attachments-received-in-TNEF-format_339.html

Any tips or resources for doing this with Proxmox? I can get mimedefang installed and configured but a bit lost at hooking it into postfix (the walkthrough uses Axigen's GUI to do the hook.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!