[SOLVED] TimeMachine backups failing

WN1X

Jun 25, 2024
I just migrated my long running NAS system from TrueNAS Scale to Proxmox (8.2.4). Everything is working with the exception of my Mac backups. TimeMachine will run for a few minutes, copying files to the SMB share, before stopping ("The backup disk may have been ejected or disconnected from the computer."). This LXC is running Debian 12 and has avahi-daemon installed (with a default config). The NFT firewall is disabled. Restarting avahi will get things running again for a few more minutes before stopping.

Suggestions on how to sort this out?

Last edited:
I may have fixed this. I configured the Mac Studio to mount the share at login time and added it as the TimeMachine destination. The backup has been running for over 15 minutes now, when it was never able to last more than five minutes before.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!