Time, Between clusters

Hellow, I have a 7 node system, and recently I started getting this error.
"invalid PVE ticket (401)"

With a little bit of googling I found that the time between my systems might be off. Some of these systems started at leater versions of proxmox and were eventually upgraded to 7.0.

What I noticed is that, some of the systems have systemd-timesyncd, and some do not. Is there a way to install it? Do I just type service ntp restart? on the other systems? I was under after several months now the upgrades went fine. Apparently not?

1631010863903.png

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 1631010831842.png
    1631010831842.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi,

New Proxmox VE 7.0 installations will default to chrony as NTP implementation, but upgraded ones won't switch automatically over and keep whatever they used previously.

Any NTP daemon (e.g., opentp, ntpd, chrony) besides systemd-timesync is a good fit for servers, so I'd recommend installing the small but nifty chrony explicitly if unsure.

Bash:
apt update
apt install chrony

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!