tiger vnc server as remote desktop gateway in proxmox

helicrenz

May 29, 2021
Hello Proxmox Team,

As anyone tried using tiger vnc server in proxmox? If Yes, can someone assist guide me. I'm trying to figure out how can we install tiger vnc server so that we can control idle session in vnc. Does existing vnc server in proxmox have this feature?

Regards,

helicrenz.

Hello dcsapak,

Thanks for reply. When there is an inactivity with the user using vnc client like not moving mouse and keyboard. I want them to be disconnect in the session. Is that possible with the current vnc server that proxmox is using? It seems tigervnc server offer this feature.

Is that possible with the current vnc server that proxmox is using?
no it seems the qemu built-in vnc server does not have this (at least i cannot find it)
and our vncterm does not either

but what is the reason you would need or want this?

Is it possible to install tigervnc server in proxmox as alternative vnc server? I got some user that trying to connect in VNC sometime they forgot to disconnect.

no, that is not possible since the vnc server for qemu is built in there, and for ct/hosts we have our own vnc server that does also terminal emulation (which 'normal' vnc servers cannot do afaik)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!